links week three
January is nearly over! I had a delicious meal last night of pork cartilage soup (豚軟骨汁) and dug into anold classic sci-fi bookon recommendation from Robin Sloan’s newsletter. It’s weird and fun so far. I also started back at the gym last week, which left me hobbling around as my body complains about all the rowing I did. At least it’s next to my office!
Enough about that, here’s more links:
- Throw on thenew Alice Bomanwhile you read, or even after, on a long walk.
- Anne Helen of burnout fame wrote elegantly this week about how we manage toalways be working, and never actually resting.
- Feel inspired to waste some time? This week I learned you can subscribe to theRSS feed of videos on YouTubeinstead of bothering with YouTube’s terrible interface.
- Maybe we should start thinkingmore about seasons and less about years. I’m really enjoying this winter, partially because I’m trying to embrace the good things about it.
- Remember Yo? Perhaps there wassomething good thereafter all.
- A cool cartoon with a mean gauged-earqueer-coded protagonist? Sign me up!
Well, it’s time for me to head back into my 80s sci-fi world before going to watchWeathering with You. Have a great week, and I hope you spend your MLK Jr. day thinking about ways to enact anti-racism in your daily life.
See you next week space cowgirls~