A fiscal happy new year to you! I still don’t really understand how fiscal years work, but in addition to a lunar new year, Snorri and I celebrated the beginning of FY21, and the 6th anniversary of my employer this weekend. Thrills and chills.
Doesn’t it already feel like spring? Just a little bit? At least in the bay, the plant outside are flowering, and it’s already a little warm-is. This is my second year of not really having a winter, and I find the whole thing deeply confusing. On the upside, I never needed to add anything beyond a beanie and a bathrobe to my wardrobe.
On to the links!
- The well-regarded Mac and iOS calendar app Fantastical released a somewhat controversial new version this week that adds a ton of great stuff, but also moves to a subscription. I think I’ll pay for this, especially because it means I can now create Zoom video links without needing to use Chrome. I’d reverted to using the basic calendar app on all my devices until now, but Fantastical 3 adds just enough polish and feature magic to get my cash.
- Do you ever think about the future of the internet? This article from the Atlantic takes lessons from the printing press to assert we’re likely wrong. I still think in general there will be a mix of democratizing and open publishing and the horrible continuation of the advertising gristmill.
- Frankly, if sweaty robots are the future, count me out.
- Need a little pick-me-up? Perhaps you’d enjoy some tiny spells.
- My friend Casey gave a seminar on writing recently, and luckily for us, she shared her notes. If you care at all about writing, it’s worth a read.
As always, may your week be filled with the appropriate amount of hydration, rest, and merriment. See you next week, space cowgirls~