links week eight
This was the week I left Twitter for a while. Honestly it wasn’t so bad, once I got over the twitchy “gotta open Twitter” feeling. I’ll write more about that experience soon, with some light suggested reading and a few tips. My main takeaway so far is that I spent a lot of time opening and closing and reopening Twitter for the last 10 years.
Here are a few things I would’ve sent:
Tweets that weren’t
I really love high fidelity but I can’t quite get behind the idea that Zoe kravitz’ character doesn’t know how gorgeous she is.
“Daddy, I want an election!” Except Bloomberg is the daddy and the child in this situation.
I love watching Tortoise play!
Woke up like this:
You’re probably here for the links though, aren’t you?
- This is what happens when you succeed at tweeting something funny.
- Last month I joined quite a lot of folks in the Bay Area in reading Anna Weiner’s Uncanny Valley. I don’t think it’s an incredible tell-all, but it was certainly entertaining.
- What is porn like for folks who can’t see? This interview is fairly revealing.
- Were you ever broke? How about poor? There’s a pretty big difference, and this comic helps illustrate what it looks like at the grocery store.
- Finally, if you’ve ever had the delight of shopping at Berkeley Bowl, you owe Glenn Yasuda thanks. Let’s remember him.
I’m all out of links, and off to get my first haircut in the new year. Enjoy your week, and I’ll see you next weekend, space cowgirls~