links week seventeen
This is the week of theMagic Keyboardwhich I’m using to write this email. If you’re curious, or considering picking one up, the linked review should help you decide. For something more exhaustive, perhaps check out this longer look:
In other news, my company has extended our work from home until at least September, which means I’m going to see so many more movies, and play so much Gran Turismo. I think Snorri will also be stoked to have a human pillow for longer.
I’ve been cooking a lot since getting back from Japan, and this week I made a lot of fresh tortillas, which it turns out arevery, very easy to make. If you want them to even better, you’ll have to invest in lard.
Had enough tortillas? Here’s some dessert:
- First, here’s a long video that explores how we ended-up in our precarious economic condition. Spoiler alert: our capitalism isn’t working:
- Perhaps that was a little depressing and long. Have you seen Terrace House? Have you played Animal Crossing? This video was made just for you:
- More of a sports person? Maybe you’re into shooting hoops, and the playground is where youspent most of your days. How about a hoop you can’t miss a shot on?
- Feeling upbeat? Enjoying the vibe? I am too, which is why I plan to enjoy it, take care of the planet, anddie without children. I can’t say that I necessarily prescribe to this philosophy, but for various reasons I plan to enjoy my life with my friends and pets, and then leave the world better off than I found it, hopefully.
- Paul Ford wrote a lovely piece about what we canleave behind as a societythat might actually stand the test of time. Folks are a bit maudlin these days, but I’ll be damned if they’re not writing really incredible essays.
It’s almost May, can you believe it? This spring is flying by, despite being mostly confined to my apartment. On Saturday a bunch of dinguses at my apartment decided to have a party, with more than 10 people just laughing it up in the courtyard, and I just don’t get it. I know it sucks for a lot of folks to be alone right now, but for fuck’s sake, don’t have a party! Are you doing with this quarantine ok? Finding anything fun to do? Making great food? Angry about your careless neighbors?Drop me a line. Stay safe, and I’ll talk to you next week space cowgirls~