Well, it’s hot again in the Bay Area, on top of this wild smoke we’ve got everywhere. I’m pretty tired of it, for one, especially since I mostly want to hike and ride my bike right now. I did manage to go outside a little today to repot a LOT of plants. More on that later, but here’s one pretty plant from my house to tide you over.
I hope you’re finding things to keep you occupied—there’s plenty of new stuff on the various streaming platforms, and I’ve personally enjoyed the new Wallander and Away.
Tired: young pope— brook (@brookshelley) September 5, 2020
Wired: young wallander
- I’m pretty glad to see a bunch of idiots’ boats sinking, though I hope they pay to remove them from the lake.
- Speaking of idiots, there are a bunch of evangelicals who are now Q Anon delusion believers. I’m torn between being extremely worried about how scary these folks are, and amused at just the outlandish things they believe.
- Just look at this bonkers robot!
- For too long our tiniest furry friends have gone without a good place to buy vinyl, but no more. I love everything about this, to be honest. Small joy.
- This… this is a good sheep:
I watched this like 20 times already this evening and I am about to watch it again pic.twitter.com/JuZ7pLeaO5— James Vincent (@jjvincent) September 5, 2020
- On the note of the tv show Away, one plot point is whether or not space blindness will effect astronauts as they make their way to Mars, so of course I read more about it.
Well, it’s time for me to get back to reading Dune: Messiah, and watching Young Wallander while I try to stay cooled-off and out of the smoke. Happy Labor Day! Please check your voter registration, and make sure to vote for local progressive candidates in November (or whenever mail-in ballots show up). If you’re reading this, I miss you, and I hope we can get a beer sometime soon. Reach out if you want to show off your indoor forest. Stay safe and keep fighting, space cowgirls~