Good morning race fans (jk I know like only one of you likes Formula 1). Spooky season isover. I hope you had the maximal amount of fun you could have while staying inside your pod, and away from unknown candy. I forgot to refill my candy stash, so all I had was some old weed chocolate and some date rolls. Needs must! Whether you have sober candy or weed candies, this will make you laugh:
Thinking about the guy that put cheese in a chocolate fountainpic.twitter.com/jZQ1krWcvI— Parker (@panoparker)October 29, 2020
Now that it’s November we can all celebrate the reason for the season—my birthday. Traditionally, others eat turkey and pumpkin pie for my birthday, but I always have a yakitori or caviar feast. However you celebrate, you have ~3 weeks to plan. Good luck!
Joel Osteen Inspiration Cubepic.twitter.com/XYZUyGHWfc— A British Druid (Chilly) (@dudeweedmemes)October 28, 2020
And now, thelinks
- Did you go to dance parties in the 90s? Perhaps you live for house music now… but are you aware of the very importantBlack history of Jungle?. Electronic music, like most great things, was taken to the highest heights by black folks around the world.
- Fuck the super rich. I’ll be the first to admit that I amsitting pretty, but fortunately the amount in my bank account means when I support non profits and friends that support is a significant portion of my finances. Billionaires and trillionaires like Mr. Gates could eliminate poverty in the United States and still be rich.
- I thoughtthis piece on friendship over romancewas interesting, though I’m still not sure how I feel about some of their conclusions. I am glad they dove into the queerness of many friendships though. I think prioritizing your friends is always a great plan.
- If you’ve been around the Bay Area, or used the app Signal, you’ve likely heardthis guy’s name. My friend who’ve worked with him weren’t huge fans, and his continued insistence on dreadlocks is a huge red flag, but I’m glad we get some solid encryption out of his weirdness.
- Just trust me,this is gorgeous.
- (CW for discussion of COVID stuff)This piece on FiveThirtyEightcovers what we now know about COVID-19 transmission. Remember when we were all boiling our toilet paper? Wild times.
- In case you missed this ultra bizarre former church for sale, I present to you,The House on Blue Lick Road. What a wild story.
- I don’t understand this trend, but I guess if you want to have a second belly full of beer, you can:
I saw this online and can't get it out of my head so I'll leave it here for the haterspic.twitter.com/z2COlrC5R7— Katie Dippold (@katiedippold)October 13, 2017
Phew, that was a lot of links! The colder weather has me amped and full of excitement, not to mention Monday being the first day of my new job as Ms. Manager. Can you believe someone is paying me to care about, support, and listen to four amazing engineers? Go figure!
The days are way shorter now, which means it’s a good time to light some candles and just really relax through the end of 2020. This week promises to be high-stress for all of us, but I’ll be sure to put in some fun links next week regardless. The early voting in Texas is very exciting, and I’m so, so happy to see so many friends and loved-ones get involved in GOTV and voter protection work. Our fight for a better world will last longer than our lives, but it’s so crucial. Care for yourself, care for each other, and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love and solidarity from your friend, Brook. Keep up the great work, space cowgirls~