Greetings from the tail-end of a vacation week for your hostess. I celebrated my birthday on Thursday with a couple friends, a couple bottles of wine, 5lbs of mashed potatoes, and 6' of distance.
A strange year, but thus far 36 is a good one.
Friday saw those friends, save one who took care of Snorri, going on a long backpacking hike to camp near Cache Creek in -1C conditions. BRR!
It turns out if you sleep overnight in a quilt rated for 40F and it goes down to 30F you’ll be VERY COLD.— brook (@brookshelley) November 29, 2020
Luckily I wore a jacket, two shirts, a fleece, and a wool sweater + leggings and pants and I was ok
It was a seriously good time, but also I’m completely destroyed as I write this on Saturday night.
How was your weekend?
Let’s hit the links!
- Have you ever wanted to see inside some cute creatures? I didn’t even know I wanted to, but these x-rays from the Oregon Zoo were a delight:
Dwarf mongoose pic.twitter.com/iVl49RR8Lg— Oregon Zoo (@OregonZoo) October 18, 2018
- I’ve loved the two albums by Adrianne Lenker (better known for her work leading Big Thief), and this Tiny Desk concert was no exception:
- Remember when Fiona Apple dropped her latest album, and everyone wondered who Shameika was? It turns out she’s a very talented and rad lady. I love that their former teacher reconnected them, and that Shameika showed a little kindness to a shy, scared girl in school.
- Thought about “doing a blog”, but you don’t want to use Squarespace or really think too much about it? Especially if you’re interested in something like Tumblr, but not ruined, check these two out: blot.im and tray.club.
- It’s never a bad time to go visit McMansion Hell. I don’t want to spoil it, but I love “bad vibes core”.
- Don’t miss the McMansion Hell writer’s great article on weird minimalist decorating.
- Not just a great sexual identity anymore.
I’m wiped! I think I might be in bed before 1am tonight, which is rare. Are you reading anything cool, or watching anything good? Let me know
I hope you enjoy your Sunday, stay safe, and keep learning and loving, space cowgirls~